c

c

Let's Get Social

Inspiration for living a luxuriously and balanced life

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Who Will You Be?

We all know " life happens when you are busy making plans", sometimes it's a positive occurrence and sometimes it knocks you right out of your heels. When it's the latter and the dust settles, you look around and try to find the person you were, you want to find the life you had. This search can go on for years, until you accept the you who was, is no longer.

When you realize Life isn't about finding yourself - but about creating yourself it can become even more overwhelming.  Looking back I could barely make a decision on what I would eat, let alone try to create who I would be. What I did know- actually it was more of a feeling than an actual knowing, was that if I didn't keep moving forward I would shrivel up and remain in a constant state of survival.  Survival was better than victim ... But Thriving trumped both. And I just felt THRIVING was were I needed to get to.

The Journey to where I am today has been long, but I have learned so much along the way. One of the things for me that became monumental was realizing that I could still have a High Heeled Life - it was just going to look a little different, but I had the power to create it. And as my life continues to evolve I have to say, who knew simplicity and High Heels could co-exist? Accepting the place you are at in your life at this moment is the first step to creating yourself.

Next step for me was Who Will You Be? this is the question I have been asking myself since accepting that my life and me prior to my accident is no longer. It's taken me a while to realize the answer has been starring me in the face each time I read a comment to a post I have shared about my journey post-accident. I can use my voice and my abilities to make a positive difference in the world ~ by helping others to stay strong, not give up and encourage them create their life - despite being knocked out of their own heels.

Perhaps you are facing a disability that in your wildest thoughts you never imagined could happen to you. Perhaps you have been affected financially with all that is going on with the world economy. Perhaps you find yourself on your own or raising your children as a single parent. I know when something devastating happens it can leave you feeling powerless, I know - I have lived it. But I'm here to say - even when things seem to be the darkest in your life, there really is a silver lining, and being able to see it only depends on YOU - and how you choose to react to the situation. Will you let it deflate you or will you let strengthen you?

Now I ask you ...
Who Will You Be?
Connect with High Heeled Life ...


4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post! It is so true that survival mode can take over but living is far better. Keep inspiring!
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Celia,
    Lovely and encouraging post again. Oh, when the dust settles for us we want to continue our lives, living it together and enjoying walks, bike rides, friends etc. etc. With dust I mean literally. Pieter is flooring the attic with multi-plex boards while compacting that viscose insulation layer under those boards. Dust is everywhere and it doesn't make sense for me to clean anything right now... But looking forward to a better future when it's done!
    Sending hugs and sunshine your way,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great and encouraging post, Celia. You are such an inspiration to so many people and a shining light in the blogging community. You have continually inspired me while going through difficulties the past couple of years. Your encouragement is invaluable. I'm so proud of you and proud to call you my friend.
    xoxo.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, I love your positive outlook!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Know that each one is appreciated and read. Any questions posed in comments in will be responded to via the Reply button below your comment. - Live Life Luxuriously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...